Monday, November 12, 2007

It was Great

Praise Lord, my “on air” program in Suara Surabaya (SS) Radio with the theme “Branding Strategies to Increase the Sales” was smooth.

I could give some needed info for audiences and it was good according to some friends who dedicated their time to listen the program.

The anchor said the same things to me, I was great.

The program held in interactive way, the audiences can directly ask the questions and give comments to the related topics. There were 3 persons asking the questions and I could answer them, there was also one lady who said that my explanation was excellent [refer to my explanation about the Brand Element which are; Memorable; Meaningful; Likeability; Transferable; Adaptable, and Protectible]. She ever had the experience how one of the product failed in market because the brand was not transferable, means that the brand has the meaning “deaf” when launched in other language. It was 1 hour and 15 minutes, and it was quite short because finally some telephone was ignored for the reason of limited time.


As a bonus for you who didn’t listen to my explanation in radio, I will give you here the criteria that you should consider before choosing the brand for your products. Here they are:

  • Memorable: how easily is the brand element recalled? How easily recognized? Is this true at both purchase and consumption? Short brand names can help
  • Meaningful: to what extent is the brand element credible and suggestive of the corresponding category? Does it suggest something about a product ingredient or the type of person who might use the brand?
  • Likeability: How aesthetically appealing does consumers find the brand element? Is it inherently likable visually, verbally, and in other ways? Concrete brand names evoke much imagery, such as Sunkist, Spic and Span, Mie Sedap.
  • Transferable: can the brand element be used to introduce new products in the same or different categories? To what extent does the brand element add to brand equity across geographic boundaries and market segments?
  • Adaptable: how adaptable and updatable is the brand element?
  • Protectible: how legally protectible is the brand element? How competitively protectible? Can it easily copied?

I enjoy the moment (fyi, sharing information, knowledge and inspiring people is my passion). Then it was funny when I knew that Radio SS named their audiences with “KAWAN.” Well, it sounds so... me (Anak Medan Geto loh hehehe…)

In opening program the anchor said,

“Tepat pukul 8 pagi kawan kita akan menghadirkan acara Bincang Pemasaran bersama AMI-Surabaya, dengan narasumber Ibu Da….., dari Universitas Ciputra…bla..bla…”


Suddenly I felt at home :-)

No comments: